Apple Compressor is an application in the Final Cut Pro suite whose main function is to compress and transcode videos.
With support for a wide range of popular device outputs as well as professional video and audio formats, Compressor expands on the encoding options built into Final Cut Pro .
- 360 ° video encoding in many formats and frame sizes
- Share 360 ° videos directly to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo
- Export 360 ° video files
- Provide high definition video (HDR)
- Easily convert HDR to SDR video
- Create a HEVC export setting and use in Final Cut Pro
- Supports standard Dolby Vision XML
- Convert any file between formats
- Increase encryption speed in Final Cut Pro
- Package your movie easier to post to the iTunes Store
- Video Coding for Apple Devices
In the latest version, performance has been enhanced thanks to the use of the GPU to support the process of exporting files from Final Cut Pro to Compressor, Apple said with Mac Pro the command “Send to Compressor” and encode under Pro Res is faster. 3.3 times. In addition, the H.264 standard is 2.7 times faster thanks to the Core i5 and i7 processors of MacBook Pro and iMac.